1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how do you monitor humidity in an incubator??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by quack2quack, Dec 18, 2012.

1. quack2quack

quack2quack New Egg

Dec 9, 2012
    Does anyone know how to monitor the humidity in an incubator without using a dry bulb or a wet bulb?? i have done incubating before without a bulb but havent had a good hatch rate with the most being 3/12 hatching.

2. mcoleman12

mcoleman12 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2012
    I see alot of people using the digital thermometers with the humidity gauges on them in water wigglers. That's what I'm looking to get for my incubator (under construction). I'm not even sure that's what your looking for-

3. quack2quack

quack2quack New Egg

Dec 9, 2012
    yeah that sounds like a good idea i will look into it for my next incubation. thanks for your help[​IMG]

4. Hawgon

Hawgon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2011
    Vancouver, WA
    Got a high quality hydrometer at a cigar shop that is about a 1-1/2" to 2" dia circle and it works great....Can be calibrated also.....Which is a nice feature after you change batteries, etc.

5. Bitterroot

Bitterroot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2012
    Montana
    I haven't used this with chicken egg incubation yet, but it works great during 60 days of reptile incubation, and has been in use for the last three years.
    http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-TM0...5939165&sr=8-5&keywords=honeywell+thermometer

I set up the digital display readout on the coffee table, and each egg box has one of the remotes in it. I can see the temps and humidity without having to constantly get up and go check.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by