How do you mount wheels to a tractor coop?!?

mshuey1

Songster
Apr 23, 2011
San Antonio
Well am finally done with my tarctor coop, almost done. I just need the fencing that goes around.
barnie.gif
the TC but I don't know how to mount the wheels to it
he.gif
One, am just starting so my not even close to being any good at this building stuff.
hu.gif
But I can't put a coop together.
smile.png
Can someone please help me. If you have pics that would be great too!

Hi, So, if ya got two old lawnmower wheels or can find some, you'll need a drill, drill bit and some bolts, washers and nuts of size to fit the bushing(hole) in the wheels. Usually 5/8". Ok...on the bottom of the end ya want to mount the wheels drill a hole close to back end and bottom. Use bolts, washers and nuts to mount the wheels as low and far back as ya can. The larger the diameter the wheels, the better. When ya pick up on the front, the wheels will allow the tractor to be moved. I found a photo of a little tractor I built for Grandson a few years ago and have included it showing the wheel placement to the frame of the coop. It worked ok, but slightly larger wheels would have been better. Hope this helps.
Erik

69010_025.jpg

Quote:
Thank-you so much that sounds great. Am going to give a try. If I can't find a set,what's the next best thing to use?

I agree on the larger wheels, especially if you have a longer or larger tractor. The lawn mower wheels worked for me but lacked the power and mobility of, say, a small bicycle tire instead.

Quote:
X3
thumbsup.gif
Here is a picture of mine...and the one thing I would do different is get bigger tires..pneumatic if possible, like a small bike tire. Moving mine around on level ground is a big hassle with hard rubber lawn mower wheels...hitting even the smallest bump makes you,
he.gif
rant.gif

52686_imgp6387.jpg

Back
Top Bottom