How do you quote partials?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by ibpboo, Jun 15, 2008.

1. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    I know how to click quote, and short of deleting stuff out of it, I do not know how some of you can quote just part of a post, answer it, then quote another part. Whats the trick?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Elderoo??? You want to share with us your magic? [​IMG]

3. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

I copy what I want to quote, and put my own tags around it. [ quote]whatever you want to quote[ /quote] (spaces inserted to make the tags visible). I rarely use the link buttons in forums, the code is all the same, I tend to hand type image and quote tags.

4. ridgefire

ridgefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    Quote:There's a trick?

5. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I know how to click quote,

cut and paste and put between quotes... and then do it with another part of the post...

then quote another part.

Oh, maybe you don't notice that you can toggle down while posting and cut and paste???​

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:would someone please give out the secret codes?

Ibpboo, I would help, but I dont know what I am doing most of the time.

7. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:But when I put the toggle switch in the down possition it turns my computer off??? Maybe you have different toggle switches then me. [​IMG]

8. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I didn't say that very well... what I meant to say is that I scrolled down and cut and pasted the second portion and then put it between the 'Quote'. Does that make sense?

9. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    (quote)Oh, maybe you don't notice that you can toggle down while posting and cut and paste???(quote)

I'm trying
    I do not know what you mean by toggle, yikes! Not too good with computers I guess

nope didn't do it right

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  10. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:I think I know what you mean, you quote using the quote thingy at the bottom of the post then you sepperate the post into segment, then you go back and cut and paste[/quoote]
    at the end of each segment then put the [quoote=McGoo]at the beginning of each segment. Now that should make everything as clear as mud.

Had to edit to have extra o in each quote=quoote, or you get a syntax error

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by