How do you raise humidity if you cant open the incubator?

muscovy14312

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
saint helens
The humidity is at 65%. I candled my muscovy eggs and could see one moving in the air sack, so i took them out of the turner now instead of tomorrow. I put sponges inside, but how do I raise the humidity if you are not suppose to open the incubator. I have a little giant Styrofoam incubator.

I usually put in sponges right around the vent holes and use a syringe with a needle so i can squirt it directly on the sponge. Works out good that way. You don't have to open the bator.

or you could put a cup filled with water in the microwave for 3 mins until it steams then open the btor and put the cup in the incy ior put the hot water in a container in the incubator .

Quote:
I tried the Maxi Pads, but preferred the sponge. Guess it would depend on the brand also. Some of them swell to large and will get that gooey stuff in the bator.

I have the Little Giant incubator and I used a straw with a syringe attached to put through the vent and then poured water down it.

Amy

Quote:
I tried the Maxi Pads, but preferred the sponge. Guess it would depend on the brand also. Some of them swell to large and will get that gooey stuff in the bator.

I Buy the cheap ones from the bathrooms at walmarts.

Back
Top Bottom