How do you sell your xtra male pheasants??

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by pheasantfrenzie, Oct 21, 2011.

1. pheasantfrenzie

pheasantfrenzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Montrose,Co
    Hello,
    Is there a good way of selling the males. Seems I have all males:( I live in Colorado and really don't want to keep the xtra males. Really no reason to sprnd all the money on feed unless I taxidermy and that's not happening. The bloodlines are from China birds and will list more about the parents and pix.
    Thanks for any info,
    Patty

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    What species do you have available?Can you please post pic?Someone is always looking for odds and ends.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. pheasantfrenzie

Jun 17, 2011
    Montrose,Co
    I have 1 male Lady Amherest maybe 2, 2 Yellow male, 1 Yellow Female, 1 Red Golden, 1 Red Golden Female

4. pheasantfrenzie

Jun 17, 2011
    Montrose,Co
    Ok how the heck do you post pix. I have uploaded but can't find instructions on how to add the photos??????????

5. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Go to frequently asked questions section on top of site and it explains it.
    That's not many extra males.
    In N.H.,Tony.

6. pheasantfrenzie

Jun 17, 2011
    Montrose,Co
    That's not all the males I have. There is a gentleman that is going to trade me females for all the males I have because he has to many females. So if that doesn't pan out I will have about 6 more of each breed.

7. rittert3

rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    I would watch for local poultry auctions or swaps and take them. Goldens and Amhersts sell fairly well at them. They would probably bring $25-$35 each if you do it that way. Red golden pairs avg. 30-$35/bird here in NE kansas, the Amherst and Golden Variants go a little higher. Single males will of corse go a little lower (about $5/bird) than if they were paired.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by