1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How do you 'serve' your table scraps? Pics Please.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by swiftchick, Oct 10, 2015.

1. swiftchick

swiftchick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2013
    Westminster, CA
    How do you 'serve' your table scraps? Pics would be great. I'm tired of my kids leaving my good kitchen items in the run after they serve them food. We usually just toss them in on the dirt but that doesn't seem like the best thing to do. Thanks in advance!

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    We just toss them in the run and they go for it. Now in then we use old plastic containers.

3. swiftchick

swiftchick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2013
    Westminster, CA
    Thanks!

4. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    With a nice cabernet to balance the fruity tones of food going bad.

Toss it in the run. If a pan or bowl that I don't want to scrap clean leave it in run few hours. That's long enough for the birds to peck it clean but not so long they poop all over it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  5. Big Cluck

Big Cluck Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2015
    Worcester county, Ma.
    We have a smallish tray that was left over from our holiday cookie giving. We get them at the dollar store (or somewhere cheap) every year an then donate/find other uses for any left over ones.

6. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

7. littleohioflock

littleohioflock New Egg

Aug 2, 2015
    I use a metal loaf pan that I picked up at the thrift store. It's a good size for my small flock of 5. They have all kinds of kitchen items at most thrifts, and most are very reasonably priced.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by