How do you ship eggs across the country?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by fancychickenlover, Mar 14, 2012.

1. fancychickenlover

fancychickenlover Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2011
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    I'm talking specifically from Phoenix Arizona to Coventry Rhode Island! Does anyone have any ideas on how to ship eggs from Arizona to Rhode Island? Please help me out I have no clue on how to ship hatching eggs! Thank you [​IMG]

2. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    there are some posts and in learning center there is info, use search line and look up shipping eggs, some people swear by the styro mailers, some bubble wrap, everybody does it a little different..you will find different successful methods.

3. Abacus

Abacus Out Of The Brooder

I just had eggs shipped to me. they used a priority box to ship them in. First they put down foam, then packing peanus. then a layer of bubble wrap. Then EACH egg was individually wwrapped twice in bubble wrap. Then more peanuts and a layer of styrofoam.

This withstood my goat knocking it off the chair on my porch and eating a hole in the side of i. I happened to be gone when the PO arrived, but NO eggs were broken :)

4. fancychickenlover

fancychickenlover Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2011
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Thank you peeps! But I'm asking more about how or what mailing methods to use! Like how to mail them not what to mail them in! Sorry but thank you for the advice I will definitely use your suggestions when packaging eggs! Thanks guys!!!!

5. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

US priority mail. They deliver in 2 days mostly, sometimes takes 3 days. You can get the priority boxes free at the post office. I fit 6 to 8 eggs in a med flat rate box, print the postage at USPS.com it cost $10.85 for med. flat rate box if you print online. If I have more eggs I use the large flat rate box and its $14.65 postage printed online. My daughter is a mail carrier and suggested to ship out on Wednesdays it's the lightest mail day. I've never had a box take more then 2 days some even get there overnight from Calif to east coast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by