how do you upload photos?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by ninjascrub69, Sep 6, 2010.

1. ninjascrub69

ninjascrub69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloomingdale, MI
    im kind of new (ish) to BYC and i need to know what breeds of chicken i have, but i dont know how to upload photos to my topic.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

3. ninjascrub69

ninjascrub69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloomingdale, MI
    thanks [​IMG]

4. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    look in the blue line above your post you will see
    index User list Rules Search My Page Profile Recent Posts Uploads GFM .........
    you left click on the upload
    and up load your pictures make sure u put check mark in the box to resize the pic for u.
    when u get done on it will show you the pic
    then to copy n paste the Image url into your box

5. anythingbutsandy

anythingbutsandy Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2010
    Kyle, Texas
    I'm new(ish) here too. My browser is Mozilla Firefox and when I try to copy link and paste it onto my BYC page it says it's not allowed. I've tried Firefox's help page but it's just computer mumbo-jumbo to me.

6. anythingbutsandy

May 7, 2010
    Kyle, Texas
    BTW, the pictures upload fine. I just can't copy and paste them onto my page.

7. Imp

Quote:Yeah the page is a little different. I don't know about Mozilla Firefox, but try going to your page. On the left there is a link to create your own page that has a wonderful short tutorial. Helped me a lot.

Imp

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  8. anythingbutsandy

May 7, 2010
    Kyle, Texas
    Thanks, IMP. I did watch the tutorial video and it was a help, but my problem seems to be with Firefox.

9. Imp

Quote:Sorry, when it gets that techy, I'm clueless. But there are lots of members that use Firefox on here. Maybe wait till it's busy and post a new topic using Firefox in your subject line.

Good luck
    Imp- BTW it took nearly 2 years before I got shamed into making the start of a BYC page. [​IMG]

10. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    I feel like a fool, but I'm following the instructions in the link above and for some reason is not working(probably user error). I even tried photo bucket...all is doing is showing the address to the pic....but no pic....and I thought I knew computers....I got one example in my BYC page...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by