how do you use shopping clubs - online and brick& mortar...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tygab, Jun 13, 2008.

1. tygab

tygab Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
    Recently in another thread (one of the money saving ones) there was some discussion about shopping clubs and in particular online shopping w/shipping costs... then today I saw this in my news reader:

[saving on groceries]
    http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/13/pf/savings_groceries/index.htm?section=money_pf

what shopping clubs do you belong to and how do you get the most out of them?

we have been members of costco/costco.com for a while and it is worth it, but I feel like it's often hit or miss with what the physical stores have for selection. Certain things I know they'll always have but the rest, [​IMG]

The article mentions Amazon grocery and my husband also mentioned Amazon Prime the other day... and it sounded interesting. Anyone tried it?

I also place orders through Office Depot and over a certain $ amt it is free delivery, even if it's not all one shipment. They carry more thank just office stuff; so far it's worked out pretty good for house stuff too!

2. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* We have costco's all over. 1 even sells gas. I have 'hinted' to friends who go to sam's that I would like to go sometime. They all say sure, but I just went-- So, apparently, I haven't got the secret handshake quite right yet. I RARELY shop o/l.

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I also use them (costco, sam's & amazon) and like it. I also saved tons of money at the commissary sales and such.

I take advantage of free shipping quantities to so it works out pretty well.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  4. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    There is a Sam’s a couple of miles from my office, with a large family I shop at Sam’s all of the time, for everything, food, clothes, electronics and fill up the gas tank 2 times a week. Sam’s saves me a ton. The selection isn’t the greatest, but the bulk packaging and pricing usually makes up for it.
    Peace,
    Dave

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by