How do your chickens show you the LUV?!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by tinalibnania, Oct 13, 2011.

1. tinalibnania

tinalibnania Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2011
    Detroit
    [​IMG]

I cannot do anything without them roosting in my lap, on my back,shoulders and head. Even when I was installing the hardware cloth, kneeling over,I had about 8 on my back and shoulders watching in complete wonder!...[​IMG][​IMG].... I love these guys but sometimes I feel like I am in an Alfred Hitchcock movie.LOL. How do your Babies show you the LUV?

2. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    Don't know if I'd call it "love", but the little buggers like to nip me on the calf just above my barn boots - usually only when I'm wearing shorts. Then they turn and run making their little laughing clucking sounds. [​IMG]

3. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    haha mine jump all over me too. just the other day I was stting out in the backayrd and a one of my 8 week old Ameraucanas literally flew from like 10-15 feet away on the back of a lawn chair to my shoulder. Unfortunately it was right after it has rained and her feet were covered in mud, lol, it was too funny. I think they show me the most love when I have treats!

4. GardenState38

GardenState38 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Cute!!

I love when my little banty EE settles in and lets me stroke her wings--she makes a soft trilling sound that seems to mean utter contentment (I like to think).
    When she closes her eyes and falls asleep, I know she must really trust me. [​IMG]

5. tinalibnania

Sep 29, 2011
    Detroit
    I also get a "swarm" of them tasting me......goofy birds!

6. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    Mine just peck my hand, for the " Love "

7. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    Sorry * Murder my hands *

8. tinalibnania

Sep 29, 2011
    Detroit
    [​IMG]....Any photos guys?......[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  9. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    When the lil' Houdini escape artists are foraging across the road they show the LUV by running back and through the now open gate when hearing my whistle.

I like to think it's luv but more likely looking for treats.

10. msf

msf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    I have one Black Star that sees me come outta the house clear across the yard and comes running and lays at the bottom of the steps then climbs onto my feet waiting to be picked up and carried around the place.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by