How Does my GLW look

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by digginchicks, Feb 24, 2009.

1. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    This is one of my GLW hens and I was wondering how she would do in a show I dont really know anything about showing chickes except for what I have read on here so I was just curious. I just happened to have my camera in my pocket one day so I just took a pic. haha

[​IMG]

2. digginchicks

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    bump [​IMG]

3. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I dont know much but i think she has to much black . All the feathers should be laced and have a good amount of gold in them . Thats all i THINK i know .

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I am NO expert however, I think shes' "hatchery quaility" from what i've seen and read. She should be bulkier, and her tail shouldnt be so pointy like that....and I think the lacing could be better. Hopefully real experts get on here soon for you [​IMG]

5. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    She needs a little more wing lacing, a curvier body style,and some weight

6. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    She is too long in the back and tail. She should be more rounded looking.

7. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

I think she's lovely, but I don't think you'll win the blue ribbon or anything. [​IMG]

But she would certainly get you into the show and get you some experience and you can go look around to see others! Any bird will do for some show experience, if that's what your after.

If you want to win shows, that just like in any other species, takes some learning, some investment of money and time and a good plan. But you gotta start somewhere! [​IMG]

We took some pitiful birds last year, our first year really... but because they had no competitors we still won money and it was a great experience.

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

She looks like a typical hatchery bird, sorry! Still pretty for a lawn ornament, but not for showing.

9. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    pet quality I'm afraid, too long and narrow.

10. digginchicks

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    haha thanks for all of the help I was just wanting to get some idea about how she looked because Im pretty much clueless about showing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by