How does my new rooster look to you?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cindyu, Mar 12, 2013.

1. cindyu

cindyu New Egg

Mar 12, 2013
    I just got this guy and am a little concerned about the black spots and one black lesion on his comb and wattles. He also has some white spots too. I've noticed a few mites crawling around his eyes and plan to treat him with some spray for fleas/mites. Could this be mite damage or is it something else? Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cinch920

cinch920 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Central Nebraska
    I think he looks fine. Just looks like he has some scabs and ouchies from an encounter with another rooster or such and the white on his comb is prolly just dry skin. It doesn't look like anything to be concerned about. I would just treat him for bugs like you said and everything should be great. Pretty boy!

3. cindyu

cindyu New Egg

Mar 12, 2013
    Thank you. He's my first roo and I'm not sure what's normal wear and tear on those big comb and wattles and what's disease or something needing treatment. I have him in quarantine in my garden for now. Thanks for the input. I feel better. :)

4. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    hes handsome! could have been just a bit of frostbite too or little ouchies that are normal. good luck he is a nice looking boy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by