1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How does one go about this 'split order' ?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kikidee, Feb 1, 2012.

1. kikidee

kikidee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    I was just curious, because hatcheries that have the best breeds always have a minimum of 10-15 ducklings -_-

2. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Two years ago, I wanted to order 50 commercial chicks. (a minimum order) I ran an ad on Craigslist. Blah blah "split an order of pullets" blah blah.

I got a great lady who responded, we struck a deal. I covered the shipping as a bonus to her. She gladly paid for the half she took. Everyone was happy. Here's hoping something similar happens for you. Something to consider.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  3. kikidee

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    Haha sounds great! Well I only want two ducklings...

4. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    If you know what kind you wan then you can post an ad in the looking for something section of the forum. Or put an ad in your signature, I'm sure someone will respond. [​IMG]

5. kikidee

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    Thanks for the advice. But I'm kind of on a deadline, so I'll just stick with the hatchery I was going to use, I was just a little curious :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by