How does the little giant motor turn ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pennyhatch, Dec 29, 2013.

1. pennyhatch

pennyhatch Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2013
    Tucson AZ
    Does the little arm go completely around 360 degrees in the course of turning the eggs, or does it go one way, stop, then reverse and go back the other way?

2. HatchCraft

HatchCraft Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    North Florida
    one direction very slowly. 1 revolution every 4 hours

3. pennyhatch

Dec 22, 2013
    Tucson AZ
    Ok , so on the incubator it does a full cycle 1 way ? I thought it would rock the eggs one way then reverse and rock them the other way.. Thanks for the replay.. I like the rooster on your aviator ... Do you have any offspring from him, why blood line is he ?

4. HatchCraft

Jan 15, 2011
    North Florida
    The turners are simple . The eggs do rock forward and then back with each full rotation of the motor , but the motor only turn in one direction . Thanks for the compliment on the rooster, He was the foundation of my breeding program. I always loved the spangled birds.The rooster is an American Gamefowl. Morgan Whitehackle . He was killed by a bobcat several years ago. I sold hatching eggs off of him for a while, but no longer breed fowl. Sold all my hens and stags.

5. pennyhatch

Dec 22, 2013
    Tucson AZ
    Thanks for the info, would this motor work for a Lyon tx6 incubator . Idk if your familiar with this model. I bought three of theses and 1 has no turner and was thinking of making a turner for it.. Thanks in advance

6. HatchCraft

Jan 15, 2011
    North Florida
    Sorry, I don't have any working knowledge of the turn-x incubator turners. Maybe someone else could help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by