How does your daily schedule go?

4:00am 4:45am - Wake up. Put on clothes ride my bike or go running for 3 miles
4:45am - 5:15 am - Try to cook a light breakfast or juice my fruits and veggies for the day, if I'm juicing.
5:15 am 6:30 am - Feed 4 feral cats and make sure that all water bowls are filled. Do a head count of all animals (250+). Open 8 chicken coops in different locations of property. Fill feeders and waterers for adult chickens, ducks (different locations on the property), peafowl, turkeys, geese, sheep, goats and rabbits. Fill feeders and waterers for baby chicks, ducks and turkeys if I have any babies at that time. Check all brooders with setting hens. Put hay and feed out for the sheep and goats. Empty dirty pools and put fresh water for adult ducks and geese. Make sure that water troughs are filled for sheep and goat. Check incubator if I have any eggs set.
6:30 am - 7:15 am - Take a shower and get dressed for work. (30 minutes away)
8:00 am - 5:00 am - At work (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - lunch break consists of returning calls, texts and emails about eggs and animals).
5:00pm - 5:30 pm - Leave work and arrive home.
5:30 pm - 5:40 pm - Change in to chicken yard clothes. Check incubator for temps and humidity.
5:40 pm - 8:00 pm - Feed 4 feral cats and make sure that all water bowls are filled. Do a head count of all animals. Open 8 chicken coops in different locations of property. Fill feeders and waterers for adult chickens, ducks (different locations on the property), peafowl, turkeys, geese, sheep, goats and rabbits. Fill feeders and waterers for baby chicks, ducks and turkeys if I have any babies at that time. Check all brooders with setting hens. Put hay and feed out for the sheep and goats. Empty dirty pools and put fresh water for adult ducks and geese. Make sure that water troughs are filled for sheep and goat. As the animals are free ranging, I walk around and look at all of them (eye, beaks, feet, etc.) to make sure that there are no injuries from the day.

** If I missed my workout in the AM, I go jogging or ride my bike in the PM**.

Pick eggs, clean eggs and place eggs in egg cartons and prepare egg orders for the next day. Depending on how many orders, this can take up to 2 hours. May be done by 10:00 PM.

10:00 PM - Take a shower and wind down. Check website for any messages and check emails for any orders. Return emails at that time.
11:00 PM - I try to be asleep at that time.

On weekends if it's spring cleaning, it takes anywhere from 5 - 8 hours to do a total cleaning of feeders, waterers, nesting boxes, coops, stalls, etc. Customers come over on the weekend, so I take time out to talk with them and sell whatever they are looking for.
Oh my!! You are a busybee! Just a question, how about dinner??
lau.gif
I need to be more like this most definitely.

4:00am 4:45am - Wake up. Put on clothes ride my bike or go running for 3 miles 4:45am - 5:15 am - Try to cook a light breakfast or juice my fruits and veggies for the day, if I'm juicing. 5:15 am 6:30 am - Feed 4 feral cats and make sure that all water bowls are filled. Do a head count of all animals (250+). Open 8 chicken coops in different locations of property. Fill feeders and waterers for adult chickens, ducks (different locations on the property), peafowl, turkeys, geese, sheep, goats and rabbits. Fill feeders and waterers for baby chicks, ducks and turkeys if I have any babies at that time. Check all brooders with setting hens. Put hay and feed out for the sheep and goats. Empty dirty pools and put fresh water for adult ducks and geese. Make sure that water troughs are filled for sheep and goat. Check incubator if I have any eggs set. 6:30 am - 7:15 am - Take a shower and get dressed for work. (30 minutes away) 8:00 am - 5:00 am - At work (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - lunch break consists of returning calls, texts and emails about eggs and animals). 5:00pm - 5:30 pm - Leave work and arrive home. 5:30 pm - 5:40 pm - Change in to chicken yard clothes. Check incubator for temps and humidity. 5:40 pm - 8:00 pm - Feed 4 feral cats and make sure that all water bowls are filled. Do a head count of all animals. Open 8 chicken coops in different locations of property. Fill feeders and waterers for adult chickens, ducks (different locations on the property), peafowl, turkeys, geese, sheep, goats and rabbits. Fill feeders and waterers for baby chicks, ducks and turkeys if I have any babies at that time. Check all brooders with setting hens. Put hay and feed out for the sheep and goats. Empty dirty pools and put fresh water for adult ducks and geese. Make sure that water troughs are filled for sheep and goat. As the animals are free ranging, I walk around and look at all of them (eye, beaks, feet, etc.) to make sure that there are no injuries from the day. ** If I missed my workout in the AM, I go jogging or ride my bike in the PM**. Pick eggs, clean eggs and place eggs in egg cartons and prepare egg orders for the next day. Depending on how many orders, this can take up to 2 hours. May be done by 10:00 PM. 10:00 PM - Take a shower and wind down. Check website for any messages and check emails for any orders. Return emails at that time. 11:00 PM - I try to be asleep at that time. On weekends if it's spring cleaning, it takes anywhere from 5 - 8 hours to do a total cleaning of feeders, waterers, nesting boxes, coops, stalls, etc. Customers come over on the weekend, so I take time out to talk with them and sell whatever they are looking for.
Oh my!! You are a busybee! Just a question, how about dinner??
lau.gif
I need to be more like this most definitely.
Dinner? What's that? LOL :lau I usually have a big lunch at work but not hungry in the evening. Some fresh veggie and fruit juice does me good in the PM if I get hungry.

4:00am 4:45am - Wake up. Put on clothes ride my bike or go running for 3 miles
4:45am - 5:15 am - Try to cook a light breakfast or juice my fruits and veggies for the day, if I'm juicing.
5:15 am 6:30 am - Feed 4 feral cats and make sure that all water bowls are filled. Do a head count of all animals (250+). Open 8 chicken coops in different locations of property. Fill feeders and waterers for adult chickens, ducks (different locations on the property), peafowl, turkeys, geese, sheep, goats and rabbits. Fill feeders and waterers for baby chicks, ducks and turkeys if I have any babies at that time. Check all brooders with setting hens. Put hay and feed out for the sheep and goats. Empty dirty pools and put fresh water for adult ducks and geese. Make sure that water troughs are filled for sheep and goat. Check incubator if I have any eggs set.
6:30 am - 7:15 am - Take a shower and get dressed for work. (30 minutes away)
8:00 am - 5:00 am - At work (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - lunch break consists of returning calls, texts and emails about eggs and animals).
5:00pm - 5:30 pm - Leave work and arrive home.
5:30 pm - 5:40 pm - Change in to chicken yard clothes. Check incubator for temps and humidity.
5:40 pm - 8:00 pm - Feed 4 feral cats and make sure that all water bowls are filled. Do a head count of all animals. Open 8 chicken coops in different locations of property. Fill feeders and waterers for adult chickens, ducks (different locations on the property), peafowl, turkeys, geese, sheep, goats and rabbits. Fill feeders and waterers for baby chicks, ducks and turkeys if I have any babies at that time. Check all brooders with setting hens. Put hay and feed out for the sheep and goats. Empty dirty pools and put fresh water for adult ducks and geese. Make sure that water troughs are filled for sheep and goat. As the animals are free ranging, I walk around and look at all of them (eye, beaks, feet, etc.) to make sure that there are no injuries from the day.

** If I missed my workout in the AM, I go jogging or ride my bike in the PM**.

Pick eggs, clean eggs and place eggs in egg cartons and prepare egg orders for the next day. Depending on how many orders, this can take up to 2 hours. May be done by 10:00 PM.

10:00 PM - Take a shower and wind down. Check website for any messages and check emails for any orders. Return emails at that time.
11:00 PM - I try to be asleep at that time.

On weekends if it's spring cleaning, it takes anywhere from 5 - 8 hours to do a total cleaning of feeders, waterers, nesting boxes, coops, stalls, etc. Customers come over on the weekend, so I take time out to talk with them and sell whatever they are looking for.

Never ever will I get up early to exercise it's bad enough I have to do it now

6:30-6:45: Wake up and watch the baby until 8:00 when Mom gets home from driving the bus.

8:00: Make breakfast and feed the Little Monkeys.

8:45ish: Animal chores outside.

9:15: Start on schoolwork for the day. Wrap that up at about 1:30 or thereabouts.

1:30-2:00: Downtime.

2:00: Help make lunch.

2:45: Watch my brothers and sisters while Mom drives the school bus afternoon route. Usually involves putting the baby down for a nap.

4:30: Mom gets home. Either more downtime, OR start dinner, depending on how much prep is involved.

5:45: Tidy the house with my family.

6:15: Dinner.

7:00: Evening chores outside.

Downtime until I hit the hay at 9:45 or so.

It's really great that you help your mom sometimes moms need help

There are some busy folks here! I feel tired just reading those schedules.

I have a very tight schedule today. Thankfully, I woke early feeling hungry enough to get up at around 4.30am so I have a little extra time.

So far, my accomplishments are breakfast, watch TV news, catch up on emails and BYC, turn on the espresso machine, check the banties and cats, see that my wife isn't standing idle in the garden (joke - I went after her to find out how much I owed her from an errand she did for me last evening) and think about what to have for lunch.

Soon I shall take a well earned rest in front of the TV. After lunch, I'm off to a regular expat. gathering in my wife's restaurant. it will be quite demanding because I shall have to order beer once in a while and talk incessantly. Later, I shall tire my brain by deciding at what time I shall return home. Then, another period of relaxation and chat with my wife before exhaustion from the busy and taxing day overcomes me.

Some of you have it easy by comparison.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom