How does your rooster crow?

ncCHICKS

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Hope Mills, NC
It sounds weird, but my cochin rooster doesn't go cockadoodledoo, more like ranaranaroo... Also, he doesn't extend his neck.
igepfb.jpg

Hinky Toes has a sort of failing "cock-a -doodle-doo" It's pathetic and funny at the same time. "Squirt", our other wyandotte rooster, has a hearty voice.

Last edited:
My Thor has the classic cockledoodledoo. Zeus sounds asthmatic. There's the cockledoodle followed by a big wheeze.

Err-Err-Errrrrrrr is what my bantie does
Cute, but loud and obnoxious and if you didnt know what it was, you would think it was my big roo dying

My Silkie roo, Billy, kinda crows like "yeee, haaaah!" Sometimes DH & I look at eachother of a morning and bust out laughing.

P1010740.jpg

Guilty of wimpy, cartoon hillbilly crowing!

This is one of my best first memories:

We were just beginning to have serious questions about the one chicken who didn't look like the others, when one morning around 5:30 we heard "wuuhhhh-errr-uuuhhh".

It took us a couple days to realize that this was the early effort of a bona fide rooster. He has since become only slightly more respectable with "errr-er-ERRRR". Neck extension is what he does really well. He arches his neck, reaches forward, fluffs his ruff and goes for it. Higher elevations are his preferred locations for vocalizing.

Maybe he needs a mentor?
smile.png

-Christian

Last edited:
I have a BR that has a good crow

A young silkie that started with "honk honk" and is now at "aaaaahhhhhhoooooo"

my older silkie sound like a screaming child !!

Silly roosters !!!!

How old is your rooster ??

Back
Top Bottom