1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How doi fix this?? (to people who sew?)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by aubreynoramarie, Aug 6, 2011.

1. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    I have a wedding to go to today and I bought a new dress that I LOVE! well I tried it on this mornin to find that I had lost the weight I had hoped to lose and it fits perfectly!
    And then I twirrled and did this [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How do I fix this FAST? Will an iron-on patch on the inside work???

2. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Best fix would be to resew the seam, sort of like taking it in. I am afraid if you used an iron on patch it will just rerip or re-unravel would be a better work.. The original seam was not sewn deep enough and because of that fabric being so loosely woven it has come apart... Congrats on losing weight though!!

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Hand sew, all that happened was the fabric unravled some. turn it inside out, and look at the seam that opened.

What you want to do is a running stitch (the basic up and down one) just before the hole opened up, untill just after, keeping both pieces smooth.

the iron-ons are done with plastic and may ruin the fabric, so it's a hand repair. And next time, order the size you are, you can always have it taken in later.

4. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Okay but if I sew it up and down it will be really obvious because I can't sew, haha.

I ordered this size because I had no clue what size I was. I honestly have no clue why it ripped though, it fits perfectly. Oh I know hy it ripped- because it was a 20 dollar dress. Haha. Thats what you get for buying discount.

5. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:No, because if you turn it inside out, your stitches are on the inside of the seam, not the outside. The fabic looks like it's supposed to appear to be linen, so it's got a larger weave.

6. aubreynoramarie

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Thank you

7. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Glad to help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by