How early do start shopping for the holidays?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by michellewalton, Nov 10, 2010.

1. michellewalton

michellewalton New Egg

Oct 11, 2010
    One more month and Christmas is in the air. I wanted to get start shopping for the holiday but since I don't have the money right now, I guess I'm going to be rushed for Christmas this year.

So what about you? How early do you start shopping?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I bought my first two gifts this week. Small ones, but it's a start. We have a budget, and the first of December is about $900 free to shop with. Gonna be tight with all we buy for though.

3. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    I'll buy things on Dec 26 if I happen to see something that would make a good gift for someone at a price I'm willing to pay. I am pretty good at putting things away and hiding them until their birthday or Christmas.

I only have a few things left to buy.

Of course, I don't buy a lot of gifts, anyway.

I have 3-4 things to pick up for my son, plus a couple of food treats.
    I need to pick up a couple of food gifts for another person.
    I usually pick up sugar free candy for my grandpa & a token gift for grandma.
    I have 2 other friends that I might get a token gift for -- a holiday ornament or something of that price range.

That's it for gift giving from me.

4. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    I am already done...started and finished yesterday. all I have to do now is wrap the gifts, and hope the kids don't find them, lol

our family isn't big on buying gifts for everyone, and neither are we. so we buy for our immediate family, Dh and I buy conjoined gifts we will both enjoy and sometimes we make it gifts the whole family can enjoy too.

both kids got plenty of stuff they will surely love, the awesome thing about doing it early is that you can get everything you originally wanted instead of having to make due with a different gift.

ohh ya and oldest son gets money cause he doesn't want anything else.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  5. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    I am almost done too..... started about 2 months ago.Have one more persone to buy for and some stocking stuffers. We set a budget for each person and go from there.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I always wait till the last minute to shop.. irks me too. [​IMG]

7. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Quote:Same here. Luckily, I've been blessed with a family that isn't too picky.

This year, however, I'm writing a book for them all, so I don't have to shop!

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Grab things throughout the year if I spot something that suits, then buckle down and get serious after DD's b-day in August... first task being taking inventory of what's been stored (since the after Christmas sales) and what's been purchased so far... then make up a list of possibles in my Still To By For List... yeah... I have a whole folder... the list is color coded... still to buy, bought, wrapped and ready, just an idea... it's just a wee bit OCD but on our budget I have to be or there'd be no Christmas.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Same here. Luckily, I've been blessed with a family that isn't too picky.

This year, however, I'm writing a book for them all, so I don't have to shop!

THAT would be the BEST present for them!! Very cool, PK! [​IMG]

10. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I'm about 1/2 done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by