How early do you start preparing for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Fierlin1182, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I was just shopping at Woolies, and the Christmas carols were already playing in there. It's not even November yet [​IMG] Tens of Christmas catalogues are also starting to arrive in the mail. So what do you prefer? Getting everything done months before, or the Christmas Eve rush? [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I think that holidays are being brought out way too soon. Christmas decorations at costco before Thanksgiving? UGH!!! However, I am planning on shopping tomorrow for Christmas gifts simply because we have the money right now. And money is tight. So we have, we need to use it for Christmas.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I've started, but only because I make quite a few of the presents. I'm doing jewelry for a few special friends and my stepdaughter and a quilt for our grandson. In December I'll make fudge and peanut brittle for the officers and deputies that DH works with.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I do alot of baking as well. However, we have three brand new grandsons and I am sure their parents need things. Best start now when stuff is on sale!!!!

5. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    If you want me to care about Christmas and preparing for it at all, call me December 1st, bright and early.

6. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    I started shopping couple of months ago - but only because it's easier on my budget if I spread it out over several months rather than trying to save it up for November/December shopping. The biggest problem is trying to remember where I put everything when it comes time to start wrapping gifts!

I keep my holiday gift-giving lists on my computer so I can remember from year to year (and month-to-month) what I've bought and how much I've spent.

Next weekend is the first big Holiday Mart in Denver that we always go to, so hopefully I'll get a lot more done then. And then another big Holiday Craft Fair the day after Thanksgiving that has become a tradition to attend.

And I seem to be addicted to buying gift wrap . . . there are so many unopend rolls up in the attic!

7. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

How early do you start preparing for Christmas?

About 6:30 pm Christmas eve. [​IMG]

8. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    I like the homemade gifts idea. I'd personally be more touched by something that a friend made for me themselves. [​IMG]
    I don't usually do much for Christmas, our family never got into the tradition past my sixth birthday, when they'd still give me presents because I was a kid and liked tearing off the paper. [​IMG]

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I usually start shopping after Thanksgiving here. But I work with a guy that plays Christmas Carols all year long. It's kinda funny.

Imp

10. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    [​IMG]
    The renditions of Deck the Halls actually started mid-September down here. [​IMG]
    People come up with all sorts of variations.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by