1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How far back do you go?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chicabee19, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    I recently traced my lineage back to 1560! Wooohoo [​IMG]

2. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Genealogy is as addicting as chickens! I've got a couple lines waaay back there, and then I'm stuck way up close too, been at it about 10 years.

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    1920 was when we settle in USA.

4. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    [​IMG] Traced back to bible times. Then got stuck on one line in the mid 1800's. I love family history and finding long lost relations. All my European ancestors on my mom's side made it here by 1700. My dad's got some that came to Ellis from Ireland in 1863. Don't have much on them.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Traced my daughter's family tree, goes all the way back to the Kings and Queens of England and they go back .. I mean all the way back to 400 AC or better.

Sometimes genealogy is questionable after 1700's because of lack of records back in those days or all the female lines usually just Mrs or Ms. and leave no maiden names. Its alot of work that way!

Yes its fun!

6. rubyv67

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    [​IMG] Hey cousin! Which royalty? Me too! [​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    King James IV of Scotland, Richard the Brave, King Leopold (sp) and alot of them go back to Norway or Vikings time. Charmelange is one of those lines as well. Funny how some of them have kids and the further away you are from royal lines, the more "peasant" lines you will end up. Maybe they ran out of land! [​IMG]

How about you?

8. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i went back as far as 1969 [​IMG]

9. rubyv67

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    For EweSheep Elinor of Aquitane, Henry ll , Robert the Bruce, Edward "Longshanks" Plantagenet , Ragnvald the Old, GGG to William the Conquerer. The list goes on and on. I was really blown away and very humbled. Then I realized why we had champagne taste on a beer budget. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. sunshineinsc

sunshineinsc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    columbia,sc
    On my dad's side I got back to the 1300's. [​IMG]

My mom's side I got stuck at the early 1900's. It still bugs me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by