How Green Is Your Yard?!! (millions of pics!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Scrambled Egg, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    We have had alot of rain this weekend and my yard and garden are just so happy I thought I'd take some pics..and yes, my grass does need mowing, lol! Probably a chore for this evening...in the mean time, my girls were enjoying the bugs the rain brought to the surface....

Prissy..my most spoiled and most favorite chicken..
    [​IMG]
    Weeder eaters....
    [​IMG]
    Silver Lace Vine, Butterfly Bush & Concord Grapevines...
    [​IMG]
    This was my first pond, about 120 gallons..no fish in it now.
    [​IMG]
    "Set a spell"...
    [​IMG]
    Helpers!!
    [​IMG]
    Where they live...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    To goose or not to goose?!!! Of course not real!!
    [​IMG]
    Water Lily..
    [​IMG]
    Garden..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pond..
    [​IMG]
    4 o'clocks & elephant ears..
    [​IMG]
    Robins' Egg..yesterday's storm blew it from somewhere..
    [​IMG]
    Honeysuckle, Forsythia and Giant Catnip!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Crispy says thanks for looking!!
    [​IMG]

2. petlove

petlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2008
    Skiatook, OK
    Beautiful yard. [​IMG] My chickens are weed eating, as well.

3. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

4. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Thanks! Needs weed eating and mowing really bad..and I just had a thought about putting some of those 4 o'clocks in the whatchagot swap, lol!!They will fill up an area in one season but they are cute and cheerful! Might have to think about that when I see something else on there I want, lol! [​IMG]

5. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Your yard is certainly green! I wish some of the bushes you have would grow down here, the best I can do here is bottlebrush. Love the pond, and esp the flamingos!!! I had 12 but left them in NY. I should get some more, but they have to be faded, LOL.
    Crispy? What a name!

6. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    LOL!! The Flamingo appeared on Mother's Day this year, compliments of my daughter who thought that was hilarious!! And the name Crispy was one I was really opposed to but when I got the chicks last year in April, everyone got to pick a name for the chickens and my daughter was dating a boy that chose Crispy..should have changed it when the boyfriend went south but had already gotten used to it by then! Can't you just see how that relationship went south?!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Scrambled Egg

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I forgot to show my cooling off ideas (just thought about having stated this the way I did...these were actually Charlie & Ruth's ideas..thanks to both for the Durvet and the wading pool ideas..really helped my chickens alot)...the fan is in the corner..keeps the entire nesting area cool now and the "wading pool" is up front...really helping them alot..plus that Durvet..got 8 eggs yesterday and had been getting 1 - 3..they are much cooler...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  8. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    Your pictures are great! I love your pond and the flamingo - I've got two in my garden. [​IMG]

9. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Mine needs mowing today, too. We had lots of rain last week but drove thru 4 tremendous "white-out" thunderstorms yesterday to get Chook's feed and got home to find we'd barely gotten a half-inch. But, my 'magic' chicken poo liquid compost tea has worked wonders. [​IMG] I need to bottle some to take along when we move. [​IMG]

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    You need to come visit and fix my yard. [​IMG]

We are getting rain, but not enough, I've had to put sprinklers out on the lawn, which to my utter dismay brought frogs, one hopped right in front of me this morning and I screamed like a girl - [​IMG] then we set about catching him and moving him from the chicken range area.

Love your garden scrambled, it looks SO lovely and relaxing!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by