1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How has your 2010 been?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Been a great year for us! Even with the bad economy Sharon and I did fine. Sharon ran her first 5K and then a 10K race. Our farm will be featured in a magazine in the spring of 2011. Sharon got her first deer ever. The freezers are full, the 2011 spring garden is getting started. Life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Oh and I think some of my gray hair fell out so yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less gray. LOL

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Hmmm I can't see much past the present so I don't know how my 2011 has been...

My 2010 has been pretty good though [​IMG]

3. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    haven't got to 2011 yet, but looking forward to it being a wonderful year.

4. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

2011's just half an hour away here... [​IMG]

5. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:post back and let us know how it looks. it's 9 am friday morning here.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Financially, 2010 was our worst year since 2002. I don't know if I'll ever get back up to 2007 levels.

For 2011 we are going to try and be more thrifty.

7. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Happy New Year from Oz! Doesn't look too much different, but for some reason were watching some 50's movie [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    2011 is tomorrow? Dang! I better start overhauling the tractors! I got hay fields to get ready! Dang! I gotta order hydraulic lines for the Kubota! The rake needs new prongs! Scrap! The Clauss needs new tires! Gotta sharpen the blades on the cutter! And that New Holland must go to auction! See ya next year!

9. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    It's had it's ups and downs, but I fell in love with a most wonderful man who happens to be my best friend, so I'm gonna say the good definitely outweighs the bad.

10. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I'm not sure. Nearly a year ago I was sitting right here and now we are just hours away from another year. The older I get, the faster the years seem to fly by. Next time you look up it's going to be May, then Thanksgiving, and finally someone posting this this post for 2011.

Slow down and watch a sunset. Don't worry about getting wet in that sudden spring shower. Hold the door for a stranger. Put a dollar in the jar by the redgister. Remember your manners, and that your kids remember them too. (I'm going to get shot some day because of a disrespectful child!!!) Call your Great Aunt Sally and talk about what life was like when she was young. Send your Momma a card, just because. Don't be afraid to show affection to your love ones out in public. Volunteer. Give not just some money to help a cause but some of your time as well it will open your eyes.

But most of all find a little bit of time for yourself. You deserve it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by