How high do I need my fence?

With a clipped wing a four foot fence should be enough. If it is a solid fence or solid top rail, they may still try. A wire fence without a place to land on top will deter. But there can be the determined one who breaks the rules. Your kids, I wouldn't want to even guess how determined they are.

I have a 5 foot fence and its not enough, his wings are not clipped though ( I cant catch him, lol......). He is a large breed fowl, he is still only 7 months, maybe about 7lbs, so i hope when he gets grown he will be to heavy to escape. The girls are friendly and i can clip their wings so they dont escape, but without their wings clipped they can fly over 7ft onto the greenhouse, and they are about 5 lbs when i weighed them.

I have a 5 foot fence and its not enough, his wings are not clipped though ( I cant catch him, lol......). He is a large breed fowl, he is still only 7 months, maybe about 7lbs, so i hope when he gets grown he will be to heavy to escape. The girls are friendly and i can clip their wings so they dont escape, but without their wings clipped they can fly over 7ft onto the greenhouse, and they are about 5 lbs when i weighed them.
Our girls are pretty chill. We usually snag them off the roost in the evening when we want to clip wings. They don't move much at night ;)

Back
Top Bottom