how hot & humidity in incubator on day l

kingsfarm

Songster
8 Years
Feb 25, 2011
am new as you can guess...1 1/2 hr. into incubator and the temp is 100 - humidity 60...42 eggs, left thermometor in with the eggs is this all ok...hate to hurt them on day l please answer...put in at 4:30 this afternoon..March 27,2011

What a mess...was so worried I would COOK them turned temp down..went too low 80 something fooled with it again and now the temp reads a little over 99.5...took the humidity thermometor out and will just use the one that came with the bator...will not open again until day 18...no candeling.. so confusing..some say "do not open the bator" I read some candle every so often..nope..I hope this all works will shoot for 99.5 and stop messing with it....makes me nervous.. do you think all will go well now? Thank you for taking time to answer...

Are you using forced air or still air bator ? If the bator your using has a fan 99.5 is perfect if no fan shoot for 101. The humidity for the first 18 days should be around 45 and then raise to 60-65 for the last 3 days or lockdown.
Don't worry day one is just the begining you have lots of time to get things perfect,just get the temp stable and leave it alone as long as your within a degree or so it will be ok .

GOOD LUCK DAN

Thank you Dan - I have a fan in mine..will keep temp at 99.5 do you check humidity? my cheap Acu-rite thermometer has a humidity reading also..should I put it back on top of eggs in bator? I left the little thermometer that came with the incubator in on eggs..I filled the water trough(center) full to capacity...that should last till day 18? put eggs in at 4:30pm March 27/ day 18 is April 14 at 4:30 I really want to do this - If I don"t succeed this time I will try again until I get it right...I wish I had SOME experience...working on it. Thanks again

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Dan and Kavellion-- temp 99.5 humidity 42 better right.....put thermometer back in with eggs, was reading another hatcher with same problem....my little fizzle is setting -9 days to go, all I did was make sure she had food and water, her name is precious and she IS precious...don't know why I thought I had to try to incubate eggs /brought 18 chicks home yesterday, 42 in the incubator and precious has 7 (2 BOrps & 5 RIR) I love it...

Back
Top Bottom