how how HOW!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mr.mc., Jun 4, 2011.

1. mr.mc.

mr.mc. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Indiana
    OK HOW THE [email protected]#$% DO I GET RID OF THE FLYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. tgperg

tgperg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Oklahoma City
    I wish they made little fly shotguns. It wouldn't be very effective, but I sure hate me some flies and I think it would be a lot of fun.

Traci

3. aa3655

aa3655 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Fly paper strips. They work beautifully and can be hung up almost anywhere.

4. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
    Increased moisture content in the poop compared to chickens causes smells, litter issues and flies. Just a fact of ducks.

5. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    I use the fly paper. It works really well for both the chickens and the duck coops. Although the duck coop reguires a little bit more. Smelly little things they are. Lol! You dont even have to touch them just take them down and throw them away. [​IMG]

6. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    Go to your nearest farm store and by the fly traps that are have a yellow base and a clear globe thing over it. You add water and stuff that comes inside the unit in a packet...it smells sort of dead or rotten...and it draws in about a million flys and once in - they can't get out. Hang up a couple around your pen/farm and prepare to be amazed. They cost any where from $5.99 to $6.99 here in Nebraska.

Don't spill the packet contents on yourself - it stinks really bad but that's what makes it work as well as it does. Once it is hung up - your job is finished. Once it is full of flys you toss it and replace with another. These things really work! I hang our traps about 4 feet off the ground...a short one way trip for the flys.

It also helps to let your duck area dry out - move the water container to another part of the pen. You can also use "Stall Dry" or sweet barn lime in your pen and that will help too.

Good luck & happy trapping!

Joni

7. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    You've got flies around ducks? Your ducks aren't doing their job. They are supposed to be eating those flies.

I use sticky tape inside buildings and those disposable plastic bag fly traps outdoors.

8. mr.mc.

mr.mc. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Indiana
    Quote:Im talking the tini lil black flys [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  9. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Murray Kentucky
    gnats?

10. mr.mc.