HannahL

Songster
Jan 11, 2018
Hi all! So I recently got a 5 month old Rhode Island Red mix rooster named Harvey from a local rescue. He’s an absolute sweetheart, very nice and not aggressive. But he crows, without fail, at the crack of dawn every morning. He’s fairly quiet the rest of the day though. We’ve been looking in the No-Crow Rooster Collar since my last option would be giving him away. I know that it’s a fairly “controversial” topic though. How humane is it? Does it hurt them? And how effective is it? Thanks so much in advance for any replies!

As "humane" as Homer's way of disciplining Bart.
images (1).jpeg

The No Crow Collars is like velour strap tighten around the neck so the Roo can't let out that crow, from what I can figure how it works.

However someone posted about trying a Mini No Bark Collar for dogs that vibrates. She was a new member and got some ribbing which hurt her feelings as she was just sharing her "trial". There are those that were interested but never learned the results :hit

I remember that thread @ChickNanny13 . The only problem I could see coming across would be the rooster getting hung up on something accidentally.

I've also read a thread or two about blackout curtains and what not in the coop so the rooster doesn't realize the sun has risen.

Back
Top Bottom