How I found BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pandal, Jun 27, 2011.

1. pandal

pandal New Egg

Jun 27, 2011
    Wow what an amazing website
    My name is Sandra and I live in Christchurch New Zealand with William,our three beautiful girls and six cats.
    We have a fairly large plot of land only five minutes from the centre of our beutiful city,and we grow all our own vegetables and most of our fruit.
    We bought our girls two years ago for their eggs,but now we love them as pets.
    I found your website when I Googled with a problem;my chicken seems to have something stuck in her crop.
    without doubt BYC was the most helpful website.Thank you for the help,I'll keep you posted on the outcome:)

2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] From Missouri and [​IMG]
    Feel free to ask anything..everyone here is VERY helpful....glad that you joined us [​IMG]

Best Wishes,
    Laura

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. It is a great place, so pull up a chair and join in on the addiction. [​IMG]

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Florida, USA

I hope all is well in Christchurch. I know things have been tough over there lately.

You can create a post in the emergencies section explaining the issue you are having with your hen. Give as much information as you can and I am sure you will get some great advice. [​IMG]

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

8. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Hello, Sandra!
    A warm [​IMG] from your neighbour over the Tasman! [​IMG] I hope you are all fine, with all the disasters that have happened over that way recently [​IMG]
    I'm a city girl like you are, with a fairly large property, much of which is garden. We sound very similar actually, we've got a big vegetable patch and grow a lot of our own veggies during the winter [​IMG] (Plants die in summer. [​IMG])
    We also have a huge variety of fruit trees that were there when we bought the house... already at full maturity so we were picking pears, grapes and figs practically as soon as we moved in!

Do keep us posted about your chicken. I hope everything is okay, and that one of the chicken nerds lurking around here has managed to give you some advice!

Hope to see you more around the forum [​IMG]

9. renart

renart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Kingston, WA
    [​IMG] from NW Washington State [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.