1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How I Photograph My Seramas

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by juliette2009, Oct 29, 2010.

1. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    A lot of people have asked me about this after seeing my Seramas up for auction here at BYC (they all this weekend), so I made a post here...http://www.pixiechickens.com/2010/10/29/how-we-photograph-our-seramas/, with all the information plus photos!

Of course, you still have to CATCH your birds and hope that they'll cooperate and stand nicely while you're clicking away, but having a little "chicken studio" really does cut down on the time involved.

Hope this helps someone next time you need to "shoot" your birds! [​IMG]

Juliette

2. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    You have a very nice web site!!! Did you do it yourself? What web service do you use?

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    That was very informative. I just take candid shots of my chickens, but I love your set up if I want to get some more professional pictures. Thanks for the link!

4. BlacksheepCardigans

BlacksheepCardigans Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    Southeast NH
    Need a lighting diagram! I see two speedlights, but is the third on camera? Do you have a speedlight angled toward the backdrop or are you getting your separation from the lightbox effect of the whole setup?

Inquiring photo-geek minds must know [​IMG].

Joanna Kimball
    blacksheepcardigans.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by