How i'm starting to feel about BYC....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ThePRfan, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePRfan

ThePRfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2014
    I joined this site to help,get help,and just enjoy it.

But,today all that's turned around.
    I have been told some rude things,(Not gonna name names),or what they were.

I am thinking I should quit.
    (Don't take this into offense),but I think,personal opinion,its becoming a badder site,sadly I really hate to say it.But, please try being nice to others,and no "i'm right,your wrong." things.

-ThePRfan[​IMG]

2. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    i'm sorry some people have been mean to you, that is so not cool. I've been on other fourms, and compared to most, this fourm has the nicest people and the least cussing and bad talk, but the world is full of jerks and people who don't think about what they say (and i'm not saying that i don't have my days of being a total jerk...were all humans [​IMG]). Well, we'll miss you if you leave [​IMG] totally don't stay if you don't like it.

3. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    If you have a problem with someone else's post, report them. There is a little red flag on the lower right corner of the post. Click on it, a little window will pop up and the rest is pretty much self-explanatory. No one has the right to be rude to another, that is NOT what BYC is all about.

4. ThePRfan

ThePRfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2014
    Thanks for the info!
    I agree with both of you!

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I'm sorry you've had some members being rude to you. Bunnylady is right. You should report it to the BYC administration. Hopefully it won't happen again. Even when we disagree with someone else on this site, it should always be done respectfully.

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    It's difficult to avoid judging a site based on an encounter with someone that makes us very upset. It's happened to me many times over the years and sometimes I do take a break and come back when I am no longer upset (it can happen on any site) or I just remind myself that these are still people I am conversing with and not take what they say personally.

The report button is a good idea. If you can't report the member you can always send a moderator a quick message. Or just don't pay attention to their posts.

7. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    If you are having ongoing problems with the same person, there is always the block feature. If you go to their profile and click on "block member," you won't see their posts.[​IMG]

8. tav1

tav1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2014
    ct.
    been there and done that on many forums but none from this thread yet .....great forum. no matter what forum your on your gonna get those know it all's and very rude people sometimes. I've got another forum with those types....I stay for good info and stay away from the idiots. but a red flag is good once in a while.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by