I have a hen who has bumblefoot on both feet. One "came to a head" on its own and there was a hard lump that I was able to pull out after soaking the foot. This was on the top of the foot and easier to manage. I continue to get dried pus out of it by digging out the scab and squeezing it gently. However, the other foot is much worse and she has been in pain and limping. There are two areas that look swollen on top of the foot and a very small black spot on the pad. I have been soaking her foot in Epsom salts for well over a week--once a day. After the soak (during which I ply her with treats) I smear Neosporin over the foot and wrap it with the self adhesive wrap. The worst foot seems to be coming to a head. Last night I just scraped at the black spot with a pointed tool from my nail care case. The hard lump came off and I squeezed her foot from which pus and blood came out. Again, I put on Neosporin and wrapped it. She seems a bit better today but I think it will be a process over time getting the infection out completely. I also administered Meloxicam (1/4 of 15 mg) wrapped in banana. I only started this the last couple of days because she seemed to limp so badly. I am happy to share her progress if anyone is interested. I am one of those people who couldn't bear to cut into her foot.