How Important Is Senior Prom?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Silkies101, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silkies101

Silkies101 New Egg

Apr 21, 2009
    I'll admit, I'm a dork. I don't have a date to prom and we need to buy tickets by Thursday. I know everyones says "well, just go with your friends" but what happens when they all already either have plans or they just don't want to go? Don't get me wrong, I do have guy friends, but they just really don't want to go and I don't want to ask/beg them. lol. Prom isn't really a huge deal at my school and I've heard it's not really that great anyways. I'm wondering if anyone here (specifically ladies) have skipped their senior prom and if they regret it horribly. I'm not really big into dances at all anyways. And please don't be mean about me not having a date. I already feel stupid enough.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I could've skipped it and not regretted it. Big shin-digs like that are only fun if you've got friends to hang with, esp. if you aren't a social butterfly (like me). [​IMG]

3. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    that's a tough one.
    Mine were kinda fun, but just kinda.
    I had a small HS and prom was a dress up event in the gym.

How important is HS in your social circle? If it's not a major part of your friends/strength network, it's probably not a big deal to skip it.

4. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Depends. I didn't go, but my friends did. They said I didn't miss anything, and never talked about it after that. We're all total nerds (like, into Warcraft and Battlestar Galactica) so it's not our thing, you know? I guess for some it matters though.

5. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    I didn't go to mine, and havn't regretted it for a second. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

6. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    I didn't go so I don't know what I missed. I don't regret no going though.

7. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    nope didn't go. I graduated highschool early anyways and most my friends were already gone too. I had a chance to go with them jr year but didn't [​IMG]

8. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    i loved wearing the dress! the prom was boring!! we stayed a hour, i went with dh who didn't go to his, in hindsite he loves the fact we went, get dressed, get your pic taken.

9. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    I'm only a sophomore,but here's what i think:

You only have 4 chances in your entire life to go to prom. If you go, even if its only with maybe 1 or 2 friends, it will be fun. I know some seniors here feel like its their time to say goodbye and talk about where they're going, when/if they'll visit, what they really thought about each other, etc. I think if you kinda want to go you should try it because I highly doubt that its going to become a bad memory or anything. If you never really wanted to go and are only considering it since its a stereotype that everyone will love Prom, then you probably won't miss out on much. There are plenty of ways to make lasting memories with friends; you don't have to do prom.

10. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    I didn't go to my prom. I was so lame in high skool.

I didn't realize how much chicks totally wanted me until my mid-20s. Nowadays, I have to beat them off with a stick. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by