How Is Cackle Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Tom Turkey, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Tom Turkey

Tom Turkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Ky
    I am thinking about ordering some RIR pullets from Cackle has anyone done business with them? if so how was it thank you

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    From everything I hear, the price is right, especially if you order 100!

I have 6 birds in my coop that came from Cackle. All nice birds... my BO is a sweetie but a little dense in the brain dept. All three leghorns are good but only lay every other day. The EE only ever 2 to 3 days, but the Cinnamon Queen gives me 5 or 6 eggs a week.

3. NEK38583

NEK38583 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    They have great qualty and healthy birds. They do get a lot of bussiness so if you order it will probably take a while to get you chicks. They are family run and they seem like they really care about there customers. They are by far my favorite hatchery.

4. Tom Turkey

Apr 15, 2009
    Ky
    how long do you think it will take to get 15

5. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    I was typing a post and it disappeared so if I post twice that is why.

I ordered from them twice last year. The first order came a day later than it should have; prob the fault of the Post Office. They never did well. They were banties. The second order was the RIR's and they came on time and they were nice birds who all lived and laid well through the winter. Good personality, nice and quiet.

I got one Roo to go with them, and they got THAT right also, all pullets but one Roo. He is a nice big flashy bird who is very gentle. I like him.

Mind you, I like the eggs, I do not show. I like my birds to be pretty, nice and red as they are supposed to be, but I do not really care about show quality.

Anyway, I was happy with that second order of RIR's.

6. Tom Turkey

Apr 15, 2009
    Ky
    thank you do you have pics of your RIR you got from them

7. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Oh--I will try. I am SO BAD at taking pics and putting them on line! But I will try. The roo, in particular, is gorgeous. And a nice guy, too.

8. Tom Turkey

Apr 15, 2009
    Ky
    ok thanks

9. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    I just ordered from them for the first time. I am waiting for my ship date. They are really busy - you can't get through on the phone!!

10. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    ordered my second time from them yesterday. Found out that online ordering is MUCH slower than calling. So call and order. The phone does stay busy, but just keep hitting redial. They have the BEST customer service I have delt with yet as far as ordering from a hatchery that's not close by! Not to say others I have dealt with were bad...but Cackle seems more personal and less business'y and more neighborly, if you get my drift. I always prefer to get chicks from people close by but sometimes they can't beat the prices of Cackle. KWIM?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by