How is Mcmurray doing?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by thechickman04, Jun 4, 2008.

1. thechickman04

thechickman04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    i know there was a bunch of stuff about sick chicks coming from Mcmurray a couple weeks ago..i was just wondering how everything is with there chicks now

2. FutureChickenMan

FutureChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    my order showed up last week. Lost 4 of 26 but they did have the holdiay weekend to deal with. other than that, they're typical peeps. eating sleeping pooping.

3. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    I got mine on Monday (on time) and so far they are all doing great. There was one dead one when they arrived, but he may have been trampled.

4. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    I had placed my order back in February before I knew about the AE issue. I was tempted to cancel my order, but didnt. I got 27 chickens, had one pass away that didn't live with me, and had to cull one for a leg problem. Other than that, no sickness and no losses. They are 6 weeks old now.

5. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Just about all my little peepers from MCM I recieved mid-March are doing well. I lost a few mostly the extras but the rest have thrived.

6. bearfretworks

bearfretworks Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2008
    Western MN
    We received 47 chicks in early May from McM (ordered 44, plus free rare chick, plus 2 extra freebies). We have lost 3, and all the rest are healthy and growing like weeds. I need to post more pics soon.

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    I recieved my order in mid april and they were all alive. I lost 4 of 28, but believe was my fault, I think I let them get chilled.

8. catnip

catnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2008
    Nebraska
    We received our order of 50 assorted heavies back in mid-April. All arrived alive and spunky. No losses to date.

Been very happy with McMurray.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I got 26 from them on April 27th.

4 were dead within 2 days, another 7 in the next 3 days. I should have started them on Antibiotic DAY 1... and I lost the rare ones too... the Blue Andalusian was just a beautiful chick but got sick and died.

By May 3rd I only had 15 remaining.... they are all alive and thriving, but they did a poor job with sexing.. of the remaining 15 , it looks like 3 or 4 are roos and they were all supposed to be pullets. The one Delaware roo is really agressive towards all of the other chicks.

Edited to add...I will likely order from them again in a couple of years... I just wish they had Wellsummers.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  10. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    They are in Iowa. Are they under water?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by