HOW is this possible!

marilyn1954

Songster
10 Years
Sep 14, 2013
Small town America
OH MY I purchased an ornamental group of pullets and the sent me 16 females in April. WELL my husband and I would always crow like a rooster when we go out to the coop, don't ask me why, we just did, we are weird I guess. We went on vacation for 3 weeks and my daughter watched them while we were gone. While gone my daughter sends me a video of our "Annie" AND SHE/HE IS CROWING, DARN. We started getting eggs 2weeks ago, and today I let them out to free range and looked but NO EGGS, I clean ther water and get their feed, then decide to clean the coop, I open the door an Annie turned ANDREWS is in one of the nests, he gets off and THERE a IS A NICE WARM EGG!!!! I need to know DO HENS EVER CROW....I am pretty sure now my ANDREWS turned back into ANNIE??? POSSIBLES OR NOT???

No 'white thick chunk' in fertile eggs. The only difference is that the nucleus undergoes a couple of cellular changes resulting in a 'bulls eye' like appearance.

The 'chalazae' is present in fertile or non fertile eggs.

Last edited:
Post a picture. Roosters will sometimes go into the nests and call the hens to them. Also there is the rare crowing hen, but in my experience these have always been more elderly hens.

If there are no roosters then yes hens can become protectors and dominant like a rooster and yes even crow lol be glad you got one to protect the ladies. I would just come up with a lesbian name for her like ....andresula lmao or anne

OH LOL! You know, I do think (it's a rarity), but a hen can crow. Can you post a picture of your hen/roo chicken so we can try and guess what it is? Do you think maybe he didn't really lay that egg, and was just sitting on another hen's egg?

Post a picture. Roosters will sometimes go into the nests and call the hens to them. Also there is the rare crowing hen, but in my experience these have always been more elderly hens.

X 2 - with the age of your birds, if this is a true crow I would lean towards a rooster who likes to nest hop over a pullet who is crowing.

WELL HERE HE/SHE IS! I TRIED TO POST A VIDEO OF IT CROWING BUT CANT FIGURE IT OUT LOL

Back
Top Bottom