How keep your eggs

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Bare bottom farm, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Bare bottom farm

Bare bottom farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    White Pine
    [​IMG] Hi all, I know there has to be a place on here some where, that will tell me how to keep my eggs: wash or not to wash, where to keep them. how long can I keep them and so on. Any info would be great!! Thank you!! From a newbie

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    First of all let me welcome you to BYC!! We are so happy to have you [​IMG] I keep my eggs in a cool place...not over 60-65 degrees, which in my house is the basement if the weather is warm. I do not refridgerate my eggs since they are moved out often. I have kept them for two weeks but I know they will last longer. If they are kept in a cool dry place they store better. I do not wash my eggs either and my customers know this. I explained "the why" of it to them and they understand and agree. Now always remember......NOTHING IS WRITTEN IN STONE. [​IMG] This is how I do it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  3. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

I've only been getting eggs for the past month or so, so I'm new.

I don't wash my eggs.

I keep them in a basket on the counter.

I'm getting three to five eggs a day, if I'm lucky.

I've given away and sold a few cartons so far, and no one has complained about slightly poopy eggs. These are people who know that their eggs are coming from 'home grown."

4. Bare bottom farm

Bare bottom farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    White Pine
    [​IMG] Thank you for the welcome!! Also Thank you all for the great info!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by