How late have you had chicks hatch before??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KYBOY, Feb 9, 2009.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    I have what I think is 4 viable developing BCM eggs in my 1588..I am suspicious of the temp being a 1/2*-1* low on me but not positive.I was waiting to see on the hatch time before I adjusted it. All hatches were on time last year..Since they were BCM eggs they were very hard to candle [​IMG] They seemed to be developing a tad on the slow side around day 10 or so..Couldent really be sure though..We had a short power outage..bator was off for about an hour and a half..I candled at day 18 and the eggs were dark as all get out..What I assumed were mostly developed chicks..Today is only day 20 so Im not expecting anything today, espically with the power outage..
    Whats your opinion, day 22 or so? just how long should I give them in this situation? Thanks

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I've had them pip on day 24 and hatch on day 25, especially when I had power outages. Give them a bit longer.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I've also had eggs hatch out on day 25 when temps were low in the still airs.

4. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    Yea, Like I said..It will probably be at least day 22 before I get any action..Ill hold out until 25 anyway..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by