How late will you stay up ?

hemet dennis

Songster
8 Years
Nov 9, 2011
Hemet,Ca. 20+chicken years
My Coop
My Coop
So will anyone stay up later then normal to find out who won ?
And if so how late ?

pop.gif

Most people seem to forget what happened in a meeting in early 2009. All part of the hope and change and this new atmosphere of bipartisanship and reaching across the aisle. In a bipartisan meeting on the stimulus package in the White House, Senator Jon Kyl of Arizona challenged the administration and democratic leaders on the balance between spending and tax cuts. The response from the president? "I won". Those 2 words destroyed any hope of partisanship. Those 2 words essentially said, sit down and shut up. Your opinions mean nothing.

So, here we are once again. Are my representatives supposed to sit down and rubber stamp everything that comes through because he won and their party lost? I elect my representatives based on my values and I fully expect them to uphold those values. It isn't throwing tantrums, it is following the will of their base constituents.

And as for budgets. The last budget proposed by the administration was unanimously voted down. In a democrat controlled senate.

Why does Ohio decide it? I saw that on the news too..

Because Ohio is a swing state (meaning a state that does not consistently vote one way or the other so either candidate has a chance at winning it) with a high number of electoral votes (18) so winning Ohio could potentially make a big difference.

Last edited:
I'll probably follow it until midnight or so. The major battleground states like Florida and Ohio are all in EST so there's a good chance they will have the winner declared by midnight here on the west coast. It looks as though the president is going to win again. We will see.

Back
Top Bottom