1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How long after stopping Tylan Soluble can I started eating eggs again?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by KNelly, Jan 27, 2015.

1. KNelly

KNelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2014
    I haven't been able to find the answer online.

2. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    I have heard differant times.one day withdrawal to 30 day mine are on this two,would like a deffanant answer to

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Egg withdrawal time for Tylan Soluble Powder is 1 day, while withdrawal time for injectable Tylan 50 or 200 is 7 days.

4. KNelly

KNelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2014
    It's been 25 days since their last dose and i have a couple girls that just laid their first eggs this week so makes me happy to know I don't have to throw them out!!!

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    From: http://valleyvet.naccvp.com/index.php?m=product_view_basic&u=country&p=msds&id=1031017
    Warnings
    User Safety Warnings: Not for Human Use. Keep Out of Reach of Children. Avoid contact with human skin. Exposure to tylosin may cause a rash.
    [​IMG]
    Residue Warnings: Chickens must not be slaughtered for food within 24 hours after treatment. Do not use in layers producing eggs for human consumption.
    Turkeys must not be slaughtered for food within five days after treatment.
    Swine must not be slaughtered for food within 48 hours after treatment.

For meat it's 24 hours in chickens. Not sure about the eggs as I haven't seen any published info regarding that.

-Kathy

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Tylan soluble is quickly metabolized and quite abit of it is excreted. That's why it's recommended to dose for 5-7 days for it to be effective. If the bird is good to eat after one day, so are the eggs.

7. mominal

mominal New Egg

Apr 22, 2015
    So I'm not eating the eggs for one day after stopping medication, does the same apply to using the eggs for hatching, or are they safe to hatch? Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by