How long after treating for mites to integrate new birds?

BuckeyeFoodie

Crowing
10 Years
Mar 29, 2013
Columbus, OH
So I had to treat my "breeding" flock for mites. Second treatment for the birds with Ivermectin pour-on and deep-cleaning and treated the coop with permethrin yesterday.

I have three Silkie grow-out's that really need to leave the brooder and move in with the breeding flock, which I would like to do while we have this nice warm weather, but I don't know how long I should wait post-treatment to move them?

So I had to treat my "breeding" flock for mites. Second treatment for the birds with Ivermectin pour-on and deep-cleaning and treated the coop with permethrin yesterday.

I have three Silkie grow-out's that really need to leave the brooder and move in with the breeding flock, which I would like to do while we have this nice warm weather, but I don't know how long I should wait post-treatment to move them?
I bred Silkies for a few years... If they're your chicks and not under quarantine to protect your flock... give them a permethrin spritz (since it has residual effect) and put them out when you're ready. I only use Ivermectin for scaly leg mite or depluming lice since it not labeled for use on chickens. Permethrin has been extremely effective in my location against mites, lice, mosquitoes, and many other pests.

Pics always welcome! :)

Back
Top Bottom