1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how long before help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tingle, Mar 28, 2009.

1. tingle

tingle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    Merseyside
    I have some eggs on day 22, this morning a couple were cracked and cheeping, one is out about 5 hours ago but looks weak and still isnt up although it is a big chick (lavendar orps)4 have a beak sticking out for about 4/5 hours but dont seem any further on,2 are cheeping but not made any cracks how long should I leave them is this normal I would hate to loose them if I could help Thanks

2. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I am not sure, but will bump you up. I say leave them alone and give them enough humidity.

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    If it was me I wouldnt open the bator. Opening the bator lets the dry air get to the eggs. They seem to take thier sweet time. They will more than likely be just fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
  4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Chicks take 24 hours or longer from pips to zipping out. They rest after zipping out of the shells it's hard work. Give him a few hours to rest and fluff.

5. tingle

tingle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    Merseyside
    Thanks All is that a picture of an ANDALUSIAN?

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:My Avatar? That's one of my Blue Orpington roosters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by