How long before these chickens start to lay eggs *Pictures included* ?

Greasydog26

Chirping
7 Years
May 21, 2012
West Virginia
My Coop
My Coop
I have a couple of questions for the chicken experts out there about egg laying and maturity in hens. What age do you think that the chickens below are and how much longer before they start to lay eggs? Also, what breed is the white chicken as I was told she was a full blooded Wyandotte but I can't figure out what kind. Also, the Dominequer chicken we call "Bess" and have had for almost three weeks now doesn't seem to be laying any eggs and she definitely seems mature enough to lay. I am wondering if I got took as a result of my chicken inexperience. I haven't seen her lay any eggs. Thanks for all the help guys.

This is the white Wyandotte...Anybody know what type of Wyandotte it is?

I am guessing this is the Blue Laced Wyandotte but I am not for sure? Also, how long before they start to lay?

This Dominequer is supposed to be 7-8 months old and I don't think we are getting any eggs from her. Is there any reason for this (she is getting laying mash and oyster shells...Thanks for the help guys!

Your"white"bird looks like splash coloration. The Dominic appears old enough to lay, but the stress of moving to a new home may throw her off for a while. The other picture is a little dark.

Hens will develop a bright red comb and wattles before starting to lay. That can happen anytime from 20 weeks or so on. Hens that mature this time of year may be slow to start laying due to decreasing length of day.

Your"white"bird looks like splash coloration. The Dominic appears old enough to lay, but the stress of moving to a new home may throw her off for a while. The other picture is a little dark.
Hens will develop a bright red comb and wattles before starting to lay. That can happen anytime from 20 weeks or so on. Hens that mature this time of year may be slow to start laying due to decreasing length of day.

Thanks for your help...I see that you have a blue heeler, I also have one. Go to my coop page and check him out!!!

Back
Top Bottom