How long can i leave my eggs

Jo smith

In the Brooder
Jan 3, 2021
Would like some advice if anyone can help .... have 5 duck eggs and 1 hatched 27 days and 1 today 28 days, the other 3 don't seem to be doing anything but all were alive when they went into lockdown, how long should I wait before I chuck them out ?

Would like some advice if anyone can help .... have 5 duck eggs and 1 hatched 27 days and 1 today 28 days, the other 3 don't seem to be doing anything but all were alive when they went into lockdown, how long should I wait before I chuck them out ?
Give them a week

I'd wait an extra week
Really? What if there is no movement? I have 8 remaining out of 10 khaki campbell eggs. Two hatched over 24 hours ago. I candled them and 1 appears to still have red blood vessels but the others have dark vessels. Air sacks are saddled due to them being shipped eggs. I have them on their sides and have misted them. I had to open the incubator because one of the hatched babies was sticky. The amber/yellow color of sticky.
Wish there was a way to check for a heartbeat . . . . :idunno

if your in a hurry, i dont recommend it but it probably wont hurt them if your careful, you can pop a small hole in the middle of the air sac with a jewelers screwdrive and peel it back just enough to look inside .. if its alive you'll be able to detect movement on the membrane .. if it is put it back in the bator, just dont get over zealous and try to yank him out lol .. or mess with the membrane ..

if your in a hurry, i dont recommend it but it probably wont hurt them if your careful, you can pop a small hole in the middle of the air sac with a jewelers screwdrive and peel it back just enough to look inside .. if its alive you'll be able to detect movement on the membrane .. if it is put it back in the bator, just dont get over zealous and try to yank him out lol .. or mess with the membrane ..
I'm more anxious and concerned than in a hurry. Thank you so much for responding. Is it possible that they are still ok even though they are not moving?

Mine never move, and I lost a good few quail eggs that were apparently in a cool spot. I unplugged the day of and they tried to hatch that night

Back
Top Bottom