how long can they be out from under the light?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by DuckDuckDuckGoose, May 11, 2011.

1. DuckDuckDuckGoose

DuckDuckDuckGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    The Great Northwest
    I was just wondering how long 11 day olds can be out from under the heat if I take them out to have supervised grazing time?

2. Balbinka

Balbinka Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    California
    As long as they don't get cold!
    It depends on what your weather is like.

Balbinka did not need the heat lamp at all after two weeks.

3. DuckDuckDuckGoose

DuckDuckDuckGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    The Great Northwest
    Its about 55deg. and it rained today, but I only had them outside a couple times today for only about 8 to 10 mins. but yest. it was 63deg. and sunny so we were made outdoor trips 5to6 times for about 15 to 25 mins. each time. the sun felt great and the babies loved it! I wish our wheather would change for the better soon. I live in the Seattle area. go figure. No wonder im so confused about when I should put them out with the 7wk old Pekin's???? Cause the goose will be ready to go out before the duck and they are inseprateable. That would probably be torcher.

Thanks for responding. and your indoor goose is so cute. I kinda wanna make mine a indoor/outdoor. I just need to get a harness diaper quick so I can get the gos. usted to it being on. and I better order it quick~or im gonna miss out on the diapering opportunity. lol.[​IMG] im sure my DH will love that. LOL:D
    Hope to hear more comments.
    Thanks,
    T.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by