1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How long can you store liquid corid and how?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sararoni, Mar 7, 2015.

1. sararoni

sararoni Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    chicago
    Last end of summer I had to buy corid to treat my chicks.
    The feed store didn't have small bottles so maybe I used less than 5%.
    In April I am getting new chicks and was wondering if the corid I have Can be used in case I need to treat them too.
    Also what is the best way to store liquid corid. I had mine in an unheated basement and we are in Chicago. My guess is it could have frozen a few times....
    Is it worth keeping and using it?

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    It should give on the bottle an expiration date. If it froze it is probably no longer good. On the insert it says store between 41 and 77 degrees, with brief drops to 40 allowed. Once its diluted with water it has a 3 day expiration.

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  4. 1muttsfan

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Storage instructions are the same for all liquid formulas, it was not intended as a dosing guide.

5. sararoni

sararoni Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    chicago
    Thank you 1muttsfan and Kathy,
    It looks like I will have to throw the bottle away as I am pretty sure the liquid froze.
    I should have remembered to check before letting it in such a cold area...

6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Okay, just wanted people to know that they shouldn't follow the dosing info.

-Kathy

7. 1muttsfan

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    I should have said that myself, you never know what people will do sometimes

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by