How long did it take before people were giving you chickens?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Oct 30, 2008.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    ...and I mean collectibles?!?

In the past week I've been given a chicken candy dish and today it was a chicken kitchen timer. Both are cute but I'm not exactly a collector-type!

Did people suddenly start to give you chicken-themed things once you got chooks?

2. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] My son's babysitter gave me a rooster figurine. She picked it up while on vacation this past summer....long before she got her free eggs [​IMG]

3. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Hubby got me a rug for my kitchen that says "He rules the roost, but she rules the rooster", and then got me a little plaque thats says "my coop was clean last week, you should have been here". That was 5 months into having chickens. Now at 7 months in I am getting pfalzgraff, Sunrise silverware with a rooster on the end of the handle.

4. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    well I have to confess my kitchen has been chicken themed since before we had sheetrock on the walls.

5. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I sent DH to Riteaid for cold meds on his way home from work the other night...he handed me a bag when he came in and in it was the meds, a big bottle of spring water and a Rooster statue! [​IMG]

MIL bought me a chicken tablecloth, a 2009 calendar, clock and coffee mugs.

I guess I will have a ton of chicken stuff after this Christmas.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We just got our chickens at the end of August, and my fiance gave me a wire chicken basket for myb irthday. However, Christmas is coming..........

7. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    My mother sent me a big, tin rooster for the garden, rooster dish towels and a rooster pot holder set along with a rooster card. =P

8. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    You are all sooo lucky! I have been looking for chicken theme/egg signs with no luck at all! Humm.....Christmas is coming...maybe if I hint enough...someone will remember![​IMG]

9. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    [​IMG] Well, I collected rubber duckies when I was in high school and so I already had a reputation and was given ducky stuff. Funny that now I have dug myself an even bigger hole, now that I have a dozen ducks. But you know, I'm totally not compaining. [​IMG]

I figure the chicken-theme items will start next year after I get my first chickens. [​IMG]

10. skand

skand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Odessa, Tx
    Quote:Lol -join the byc secret santa! I'm sure you'll end up with someone making you one! Before the end of the year even!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by