how long do chinese geese lay

Discussion in 'Geese' started by darius, Jan 4, 2015.

1. darius

darius Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2013
    east texas
    I have a female brown Chinese geese that will be 7 this year I want I just recently paired her up with a white Chinese male I want to raise gooslings this year how many years do geese lay and will she be ok

2. servpolice

servpolice Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    Chinese and African geese can live up to 23-25 years (especially Africans) and they will stop laying till they are atleast 18-20 years old so she is at the perfect age for fertile eggs and Chinese lay around 45 eggs each year and lay till they have about 12 eggs in the nest, so if you want to let her incubate her eggs in a incubator then grab a egg everytime she lays a new one so that she will also sit on her eggs herself but that's only if you want a lot of goslings or have an incubator.

3. gsfarm

gsfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2015
    Good to know. How long will a male be fertile for. He is nine years old. I'm new to geese.

4. darius

darius Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2013
    east texas
    I plan on letting her do it last year she hatched out keets for me and stayed broody all summer I just didn't have a male I do.now so I'm gonna let her do it

5. goose4

goose4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2012
    Up North MN
    Watching them raise their goslings will be fun. They tend to spoil the little ones.

6. servpolice

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    Chinese ganders can be fertile for many years but around the age of 16 they will be too old but Chinese geese are so fertile you'll never know.

7. servpolice

Oct 10, 2013
    Ireland
    Goose4 is right there is nothing nicer than seeing geese with their own goslings. And they spoil the babies like there's no tomorrow.

8. gsfarm

gsfarm Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2015
    Okay thank you. Hope to get some babies this spring. He is my only male.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by