How long do I let her sit?

hiltopsassafras

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 8, 2013
My hen has been on her eggs approx 21 days. No action yet. How long do i let her sit and if nothing happens what do I do with the eggs?
Thanks!
Sassy

Thank you Veer 67. And what to do with non hatched eggs? Can the dogs eat them or do I need to dispose where they can not be eaten?

Thank you Veer 67. And what to do with non hatched eggs? Can the dogs eat them or do I need to dispose where they can not be eaten?
I would wait 3 or 4 more days and then dispose of them. After 21 days or more, they may be rotten and quite stinky by now. I've hatched eggs for years - most of the time, I can open them after incubation to see what may have gone wrong. This year, for the first time ever, I encountered a couple of rotten ones. Believe me - you don't want to feed those to your dog, or have them opened anywhere near your house! I had one explode on me as I went to crack it open. I had to shower and change clothes!
sickbyc.gif
If you live in town, maybe just put them in your garbage fro pickup. If you're out in the country, dump them out somewhere away from the house.

Back
Top Bottom