How long do we all spend....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by wbruder17, Jul 15, 2011.

1. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Following our chickens around with the camera to get these "perfect" shots? I know I spend HOURS. Crawling on my hands and knees around the yard, poking the camera in front of their faces, waiting, waiting, waiting for them to stop moving and look in the lens.... it takes SO LONG to get ONE good photo sometimes.

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] And how bout those group shots? Who are we a bunch of nuts? [​IMG]

3. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:Chicken Nerd is the term I like to go by!

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    And this stink eye thread. One of the chickens was sick of them taking too many pictures of him that day. What a life!!!! [​IMG]

5. DinosRBirds

DinosRBirds Hunted by Moonlight

Feb 1, 2011
    Lake Huron,MI
    Lol

6. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    [​IMG] That was me just today! [​IMG] I take more pictures of the chickens than I do of the kids. [​IMG]

7. DinosRBirds

Feb 1, 2011
    Lake Huron,MI
    I take videos. Of mine. I have video of me finding out about my chickens first eggs on YouTube.

8. DinosRBirds

Feb 1, 2011
    Lake Huron,MI
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  9. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    The "stinkeye" thread is what got me thinking about it. I took a video once of one of my broody silkie getting kicked off the nest by someone bigger who wanted that box to lay. She was screaming her head off about the injustive of it all, and in between shrieks, she would take a drink or a bit to eat, and gargle it while she screamed some more.

Nobody cared. They just looked at her and kept dust bathing. It was hysterical.

10. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I got a new camera "for the DH" for his birthday. Guess how many picture HE'S taken and how many are of the chickens. Guess I got MYSELF a new camera for HIS birthday. Ha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by