How long does it take for a package to get

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    from Kingston, Ontario to Massachusetts?

It will be a month the first week of February since I purchased an item. It has been marked as shipped, but no other shipping info is available. ie a tracking number or method of shipping.
    It wasnt a lot of money, but I also dont want to be taken advantage of.

TIA

I am going to now make sure everything i sell has a tracking number when I ship it out

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ebay? I will share that it took 14 days for a paperback book to get to CA from NC..... But the one I sent her got there in 2 days!

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    No. Etsy. I try not to Ebay as much as possible. I deal with that mess at work , no need to torture myself on my time off as well.
    Granted I knew I was taking a chance on a extra long ship time coming from Canada... but I am getting a bit anxious

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Do you have contact information like an email? I would try to contact the seller and then get Etsy involved - do they help? I have never purchased from there.

5. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    Quote:I just emailed the seller asking if she has a tracking number or something. I really dont think it should have taken this long. But then again ya never know.
    I have never had a problem with a purchase on Etsy before. With luck I wont this time either

6. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    It all depends. Priority mail from the US to Canada takes up to ten days. First class takes longer, and it may take longer to come from Canada than it does to go to Canada. What was the item? It may have gotten held up in customs depending on what it is, and it may have even been confiscated.
    FYI, there is no delivery confirmation/tracking when it comes to international shipments. Tracking is only available on Express packages (for USPS), Delivery confirmation is only $.65-$.75 (free if purchased online) and is available on most package types. Some places will scan your delivery confirmation barcode when they get the package, so it sometimes gives you information like the tracking, but usually it just tracks when the package hits your post office, when it hits the destination post office, and when it is actually delivered or picked up.

7. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    a cute little vintage owl sugar bowl. I got it for myself for Christmas.
    Granted it is the only owl thing I will have. But it was just SO CUTE

I am also waiting on a vintage copper and yellow enamel cake plate!! But that has a tracking number and is coming from within the US. I am going to use it for displaying the fudge etc this craft fair season. dress up the table a bit more.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by