How long does it take???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dandydoodle, Jun 26, 2011.

1. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    I have a broody sitting on eggs. Yesterday morning I woke up to two baby chicks, then another one at about 3:00PM. There hasn't been anything since not even a pip. There are still 7 eggs left how long is it usually from the time the first one starts to the last one comes. I know it isn't an exact science but, this is only our second hatch and I am just curious what to expect. On our first hatch there was only two viable and they hatched the same day so we didn't have to have to play the waiting game. Any thoughts????
    [​IMG]

2. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Just figured it out this is day 23.[​IMG] How long do you give your eggs?

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    The birds lay an egg a day so it could be a few days before they all hatch. Maybe you can sneak an egg out from under your broody and candle it.

4. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Can you see anything when candling at this point? I have tried to candle before and haven't had much luck on being able to see anything, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I thought it was from when you put them under the broody, so when they hatch depends on when they are collected?
    [​IMG]
    Quote:

5. dandydoodle

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Can you see anything when candling at this point? I have tried to candle before and haven't had much luck on being able to see anything, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I thought it was from when you put them under the broody, so when they hatch depends on when they are collected?
    [​IMG]
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by